Author Topic: Favourite Cable lyric? What yours???  (Read 19047 times)

Greg

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Favourite Cable lyric? What yours???
« on: August 16, 2006, 11:30:13 am »
As we are working out all of Cables lyrics right now, I'm sure we have all have our Favourite line. There's so many I'm  not sure which one to pick, so I'll post mine at some point soon!

So whats yours?

Greg.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 08:06:18 pm by Greg »

Corporate_Automaton

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Favourite Cable lyric? What yours???
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 01:37:48 pm »
Ahoy!

Do you know, I was gonna post this exact same topic!  I got the idea when I was reading in the Favourite Cable song thread that Pete Cable's favourite lyric is the "Saltwater reptile dancing with a friend of mine" line from Oubliette.

As for what my favourite lyric is... that's a tough one!  I do like the "On the verandah looking out to sea/I dream that you're with me/Cause you're my only friend" line from Song 1.  But the "I'm an amateur in black/here to buy my clothing back" line in God Gave Me Gravity always makes me laugh for some reason so I like that too.

Corporate_Automaton

Benj

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 03:44:39 pm »
"I saw you waiting at the corner of an island,
I saw you waiting at the corner of an island,
On deckchairs standing in the playground,
Pinstripes fall down upon themselves,
High times or a life of stacking shelves.
So wealthy... but never special.

Cross it out and multiply"

Damon

• Global Moderator
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 01:08:43 am »
Ohh that?s just an impossible question, I do think that Matt was an amazing lyricist and I do wish I?d come up with ?snip snap, I keep coming back. Nowhere to sail when we?re chasing our own tails, laid back. Your tied to the rails, a silky demise when your parachute fails? from Vertigo

Damon
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

steve_elite

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 12:44:11 pm »
haha! I'm so glad this website exists!!! I only found out about it yesterday!

regards to fave lyrics, I've always liked..

"Lie, like a prisoner in the cinema, falls silently asleep,
I can see us as we spin, round the hairpins of monaco"

But how can you pic a fave lyric!!

Waits for somebody to tell me that those aren't the right lyrics  ;D

nicof

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 01:07:20 pm »
"I'm a master locksmith,
There's nothing I wont lift.
What's yours is mine,
What's mine is mine.
I'll be thieving all your stuff worth buying..."

from Pocket Promise.

Love that track...

gurdak

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 11:13:17 pm »
First post! I've always just tend made up the words if i don't catch them so im never sure if i get the right words. All the lyrics i've ever caught are great but i like:
blindman came looking, came looking and went away again.
Makes me laugh.  ;D

Corporate_Automaton

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 10:29:15 am »
Ahoy!

Welcome to the forum, Gurdak! :) "Blindman came looking..."  LOL!  There's quite a few Cable lyrics that make me laugh, Matt really had a way with lyrics.

I've always just tend made up the words if i don't catch them so im never sure if i get the right words.
Can I refer you to the lyrics thread, where you'll be able to learn the words and be able to sing along with Cable instead of just making the words up as you go along (which is what I always did until I joined this site!).

Steve_elite - that's certainly what I've always heard the Land Speed Record lyrics to be - I love that song (my second favourite after Ultra Violet).

Thanks,

Corporate_Automaton

gurdak

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 09:40:01 pm »
I always kindof thought it was cool that everyone could just have thier own versions. its interesting to see what people hear, if that makes sense? But yeah its really good to have definative answers finally!

PlacidCasual

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 11:35:34 am »
I really like  Make me an answer  Plasticine dancer.  A great line that probabaly makes sense to Matt. Definately sounds trippy.   Blindmans pretty clever too. 

Si

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 08:08:09 pm »
'The mad-for-it disease is suffocating me, and they're toying with the times, swallowed the sublime and they're wired to the program, tuned to a silent sound, listening with their ears closed swaggering through the clouds. Hysteria, hysteria etc'  :D

Rick Wakeman

• BOMBSITE
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 10:49:39 pm »
'The mad-for-it disease is suffocating me, and they're toying with the times, swallowed the sublime and they're wired to the program, tuned to a silent sound, listening with their ears closed swaggering through the clouds. Hysteria, hysteria etc'  :D
I've always thought this song was about Oasis.  Am I correct  ???

PlacidCasual

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 11:21:10 pm »
 ;D Thats what i always thought anyway.

Si

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 12:01:39 am »
I've always thought this song was about Oasis.  Am I correct  ???

I always thought  the song was about Stone Roses/Oasis influenced Brit pop which was 'suffocating' British bands, creating a generic sound which ended up going no where. A wierd mix of patriotism and money making desires drove bands to it. The worst of which was Kulashaker. What a pile of shite they were!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 12:07:28 am by Si »