Author Topic: Cable t-shirts run - demand???  (Read 26881 times)

Pete Cable

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Cable t-shirts run - demand???
« on: March 20, 2010, 05:19:54 pm »
I still, fairly regularly, get asked if I have any Cable t-shirts left and of course, they all went looong ago - I actually gave away my own personal t shirts (I tried to keep one of each design, not worn of course!!!) to various requests over the years so how much interest would there be in having some new ones made?
If so, should they be a new design, or a repro of one of the classics?
Anyone interested?

Damon

• Global Moderator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • www.Psychogenetic.co.uk
Re: Cable t-shirts run - demand???
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 12:00:09 am »
The SubLingual tour t-shirt was ace as was the "drum and bass ...guitars and vocals" one so i'd but them both in a heart beat but to be honest i'd be happy just to own a couple of Cable t-shirts again
Evil mastermind/moderator / co-founder

PlacidCasual

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 02:46:15 pm »
Hmm, aye i would take one if it was made!

mogwai

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 11:47:42 pm »
Pete, if you do some Tee's i'd definitely have one as long as you size up to at least XL if not XXL. I've still got a faded, falling apart Whisper Firing Line shirt and a very good condition When Animals Attack as it was a bit too smalland not worn much. As for new or old, personally i'd prefer an old design unless, of course, it's for a reunion ;-)

nav

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 07:37:21 pm »
hey up Pete!

Dont see you at the bakery all that often these days so might as well ask you on here!

I always wanted the Blue Birds are Blue - 'Everyone else is shit' t shirt. I remember being a skanky little 13 year old and only barely having enough cash (3.50) for the gig ticket nevermind the t shirt (which was only about 6 or 7 quid).

I always regretted not having the cash to buy it (or steal it! :) ) as it was an awesome t shirt

still got my drum n bass one though!

Jezmyers

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 02:36:03 pm »
yes yes yes.

Actually, if someone can e-mail me jezmyers@hotmail.com with a decent enough jpeg then a mate of mine runs a t-shirt making business and I can get them made up.

colderclimate

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 08:53:27 pm »
I still, fairly regularly, get asked if I have any Cable t-shirts left and of course, they all went looong ago - I actually gave away my own personal t shirts (I tried to keep one of each design, not worn of course!!!) to various requests over the years so how much interest would there be in having some new ones made?
If so, should they be a new design, or a repro of one of the classics?
Anyone interested?

I'm still cheesed the one I bought off you guys in Cheltenham never fitted.. it all seemed to make sense at the time but I couldn't even get my dad to fit into it.. I think it was a conspiracy following interviewing you guys.. you purposely shrunk it while I wasn't looking ;)

richey

• Novice Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 12:57:05 am »
I would definitely be interested, i remember writing to you and getting a letter back about there being arthur walker tshirts. I dithered about it and never got one.

The drum and bass one would be ace.

markholl

• Novice Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 10:11:02 pm »
ooh, yeah, i'd be interested. My old one is well tatty now...

johncf

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 02:29:37 pm »
sign me up id definately take a couple and i have 3 or 4 friends that would as well!

dctag

• Novice Member
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 08:45:23 pm »
I'd definitely want - and know at least a few other people who would have one, too.
Bluebirds are blue cover would be ideal!

baumschule75

• Novice Member
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 09:04:26 pm »
I'd love a couple.  let me know what i can have.  cheers.

Greg

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 10:55:04 pm »
I really liked the Wishper Fireing line T-Shirt. Always sold out though, ;-(

keno

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 02:19:35 pm »
I know this is over half a year late, but...

Hell yes!  I will take at least one of any design(s) that are made.  My best mate had the Bluebirds Are Blue shirt and Whisper Firing Line one back in the day.  I'm sure he still has them somewhere but I doubt they'll be in a wearable state...  

As for designs, why not save the run until you reform (please!) and release a new album (pretty please!!) and tour in support of it (ugly big bastard motherfucker please!!!)?  Then you wouldn't have to use any old design, just use the new album cover instead!

Seriously though, I think the classic designs would still look pretty cool today, but maybe also a slightly tongue-in-cheek design nodding towards Cable's current status would be good.  I dunno, something like "Cable: The best band you've never heard of" or "Cable: Less likely to reform than The Jimi Hendrix Experience" or "Cable, Nirvana, Queen:  More popular dead than alive".  I don't know, I'm sure if someone with a sense of humour had a go, they could come up with something far better & wittier than those but you get the idea...

By the way, I have some (really) old Kerrang! magazines, some of which have Cable features in them.  I must get around to scanning them, if they can be posted here without me being sued by emap.  Anyone interested in seeing them?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 04:03:01 pm by keno »

nicof

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 04:57:18 am »
Hell yes... also late... But then I don't really get online much...

I actually made my own Arthur Walker spaceman (from the mailing list postcards) t-shirt in graphic classes when I was 16... fun times...