Author Topic: Can anyone help me with some info about the Cable covers album?  (Read 10224 times)

Pete Cable

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
"Hudson Super Six" are opening for "The Automatic" in Nottm in a few weeks time. Am I right in thinking that someone out of "Yourcodenameis:milo" is now in "The Automatic" and that under a psuedonym "League of Super Best Friends" (or similar) he was involved in one of the tracks on that fabulous record that paid tribute to us? Or am I mixing him/them up with someone else? Anyone know if "yourcodenameis:milo" were into Cable?
Thanks,
Pete

drystonepaul

• Novice Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Can anyone help me with some info about the Cable covers album?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 05:17:33 am »
Hi Pete. Just found this forum after being a huge Cable fan for many years. Good to see a loyal fan base for such a great band.

To sort of answer to your question about yourcodenameis:milo, I'm a mate of Jim Lockey who's brother Justin was a member of milo. They have more recently worked together on another project "The British Expeditionary Force".

Anyway when milo split a couple of years ago their vocalist/guitarist Paul Mullen did indeed end up joining The Automatic.
With regards to milo being influenced by Cable, I'll have to ask Justin the next time I see him.

All the best
Paul 

Pete Cable

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Can anyone help me with some info about the Cable covers album?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 12:49:03 am »
Thanks for the info, Paul. I'm hoping that the reason they contributed to the Cable tribute album was because they were fans, rather than being pressganged! :) Lots of good old Cable live footage turning up on Youtube, thanks to my tatty old VCR and a USB capture stick. :) enjoy!
Pete